Buckie Thistle 1
Nairn County 0
League (HFL)

Buckie Thistle 

1 - 0

Nairn County

League (HFL)
Saturday, October 1st, 2005
Victoria Park
3:00 PM Kick-off

Jamie Shewan (27) None.

Team Managers
Unknown. Les Fridge

Starting Eleven
Unknown. John Campbell
Steven Edwards
Martin MacDonald
David MacRae
Martin Sanderson
John MacAskill
Steve Sanderson
John Mackay
Brian Macleod
Scott Kellacher
Iain Brooks

None. Jim Calder
Wayne Mackintosh
Duncan Jones
Jason Robertson
Johnny Seaton

None. Duncan Jones for Steve Sanderson (46)
Johnny Seaton for Iain Brooks (85)

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.

Match Officials

Match Report

County lost out at Buckie thanks to a first half goal from the home side's Jamie Shewan in a poor match spoiled by the swirling wind that engulfed Victoria Park for the majority of the afternoon.

Nairn boss Les Fridge made a single change to the side that defeated Keith at Station Park the previous week as Willie Barron missed out through work commitments. He was replaced by striker Steven Sanderson while Johnny Seaton also returned but only made the bench.

The hosts created the first chance of the game after 11 minutes as forward Andy Low curled a shot goalwards from 20-yards but County keeper John Campbell got across his line well to make an easy save.

Nairn's first chance of the game came in the 25th minute. Martin MacDonald latched onto a long ball forward from Steven Edwards and raced in on goal but the ex-Brora man's low, 15-yard drive was saved by Buckie goalkeeper Kevin Main low to his left.
The hosts broke the deadlock two minutes later as Jamie Shewan got his head on a corner from the left. His effort looped over the head of Campbell in the swirling wind and ended up in the net to the dismay of the visitors.

The hosts almost made it two, four minutes short of the break when Low twisted and turned his way past Scott Kellacher and hammered a 10-yard shot goalwards that was brilliantly tipped wide by Campbell.

The Jags created the first chance of the second half in the 67th minute as Neil Davidson ran through on goal but he was well thwarted by Campbell who bravely made the save at the feet of the home side's midfielder.

David MacRae was inches away from drawing Nairn level in the 76th minute. The former Inverness CT midfielder got his toe on the end of a John Mackay corner from the right but his effort flashed just past Main's left hand post.

Then in the 82nd minute, Iain Brooks broke free on the right and squared the ball to Steven Edwards, pushed into attack by Les Fridge, but his shot was palmed to safety by Main in the Buckie goal.

Right at the death, the home side conjured up the final chance of the game as substitute Donnie Munro got his head on the end of a Mike Macdonald cross from the left but John Campbell made a decent save.

An unfortunate result for County in a match spoiled by the weather conditions but an improved second half performance almost snatched a point for the visitors. Les Fridge's side now go into next week's game with Deveronvale looking for another positive display ahead of the big cup semi-final at Wick the following Tuesday.

Squad Statistics (as at October 1st, 2005)

2005-06 All Time
John Campbell (GK)25 6 - 6 -
Martin MacDonald23 114114
Steven Edwards24 8 - 682
David MacRae - 1234522
Martin Sanderson22 121221
John Mackay - 4 - 4 -
Steve Sanderson24 1027126
Brian Macleod24 11 - 705
John MacAskill - 9 - 35 -
Scott Kellacher24 8 - 10149
Iain Brooks26 11210937
Duncan Jones (sub)21 8383
Johnny Seaton (sub) - 9 - 734

League Table (as at October 1st, 2005)

No league table has been added for this season.