Nairn County 3
Lossiemouth 0
League (HFL)

Nairn County
3 - 0

League (HFL)
Saturday, September 10th, 2005
Station Park
3:00 PM Kick-off

Iain Brooks (31)
Martin Sanderson (62)
Duncan Jones (84)

Team Managers
Les Fridge

Starting Eleven
John Campbell
Tony Low
Willie Barron
John MacAskill
Brian Macleod
David MacRae
Duncan Jones
Martin Sanderson
Iain Brooks
Scott Kellacher
Johnny Seaton
Stevie Dunn
Darren Reid
Gary Youngston
Derek Adams
Gareth Smith
Lee Moir
David Hendry
Martin McMullan
Neil Garrett
Craig Morrison
Graeme Kennedy

Jim Calder
Steven Edwards
Scott Nicholl
John Mackay
Steve Sanderson
Stephen McIntosh
Marc Whyte
Steven Ellis
Jordan Main
Steven Dixon

Steve Sanderson for Willie Barron (76)
Steven Edwards for Tony Low (81)
Scott Nicholl for Iain Brooks (84)
Steven Ellis for Neil Garrett (64)
Jordan Main for David Hendry (78)
Steven Dixon for Martin McMullan (84)

Willie Barron (48)
Graeme Kennedy (89)

Red Cards
None. None.
Match Officials

Graham Fraser (Referee)

Match Report

An assured second half performance from Nairn meant that they built on their midweek success at Fort William with a 3-0 victory over Lossiemouth at Station Park to secure their first three points since defeating Clach four weeks ago.

Gaffer Les Fridge made three changes from Tuesday night as Martin MacDonald and Andrew Allan both missed out while Steven Sanderson dropped down to the bench. The returning Brian Macleod and Scott Kellacher came in along with Johnny Seaton, who was making his first start since last month's defeat to Brora.

The match started at a ferocious pace with Nairn registering their first shot after less than a minute of play. David MacRae teed up Duncan Jones, deployed in midfield for the first time since joining Nairn, and he smashed a 25-yard shot just past the left hand post.

The visitors were appealing for a penalty a minute later as Nairnite Graeme Kennedy went down theatrically in the box after a clash with Nairn goalkeeper John Campbell but referee G. Fraser waved play on.

Only a great point blank save from shotstopper Stevie Dunn kept Lossiemouth level. Tony Low delivered a pinpoint cross from the left to MacRae who smashed his shot goalwards only to see it beaten away by Dunn in the third minute.

MacRae was again on the end of a cross, this time from Willie Barron on the right after 23 minutes and again he was denied by Dunn who blocked the former Inverness CT midfielder's effort.

The deadlock was broken a minute after the half-hour mark. Duncan Jones swung in a corner from the right that Barron diverted goalwards only to see Dunn make the save with his legs. Iain Brooks reacted first to the loose ball though to hammer home into the roof of the net at the back post for his first goal of the season.

A minute later Nairn were back on the attack as Willie Barron caught a volley on the right edge of the box perfectly only to be denied by a fingertip save from Dunn who turned the ball around his right hand post for a corner.

County again assumed control of the match after the restart and were inches away from aming it two in the 52nd minute. Duncan Jones collected the ball on the right and cut inside before beating two players at the edge of the box. He then played a neat one-two with David MacRae and upon collecting the ball again, proceeding to lift it over the outrushing Dunn with sublime chip but it trickled just past the right hand post.

Goalscorer Brooks almost turned provider in the 61st minute as he surged down tieh right and cut the ball back to MacRae, but his first time effort went just past the post.
This delayed the second goal by only a minute though, as County doubled their advantage in the 62nd minute. Again the goal came from a Jones corner on the right as Brooks connected with the delivery but saw his powerful header blocked. But Martin Sanderson was on hand to head home the follow up from close range to score his first goal for the club.

Nairn were looking to put the result beyond doubt at this point and came close to making it three in the 65th minute. Brooks swung in a cross from the right to the head of Johnny Seaton, one of the smallest men on the park, but his header went straight to goalkeeper Dunn.

Barron was next to try his luck for the hosts when he showed great skill to beat two men down the right only to see his low strike held.

Lossiemouth's first shot on target came in the 73rd minute. Lee Moir played a great one-two with Craig Morrison to send the former racing towards goal but John Campbell was alert enough to rush from his goal-line and thwart the danger.

The home side sealed the three points six minutes from time. Substitute Steve Sanderson laid the ball off to man-of-the-match Duncan Jones who proceeded to unleash a thuderbolt of a shot from 25-yards that flew into the top left hand corner putting icing on the cake for Nairn.

An impressive performance from Les Fridge's side who delivered the display to match the result. This now lifts the side five places up the league table and that will surely be a boost to the team going into next week's fixture with unbeaten table-toppers Huntly.

Squad Statistics (as at September 10th, 2005)

2005-06 All Time
John Campbell (GK)25 2 - 2 -
Duncan Jones21 6262
Willie Barron24 6 - 9427
Brian Macleod24 7 - 665
David MacRae - 814120
Tony Low22 8 - 8 -
Martin Sanderson22 81181
John MacAskill - 6 - 32 -
Johnny Seaton - 8 - 724
Scott Kellacher24 4 - 9749
Iain Brooks26 8110636
Scott Nicholl (sub)22 5 - 21 -
Steven Edwards (sub)24 4 - 642
Steve Sanderson (sub)24 626726

League Table (as at September 10th, 2005)

No league table has been added for this season.