Keith 7
Nairn County 0
League (HFL)


7 - 0

Nairn County

League (HFL)
Saturday, March 20th, 2004
Kynoch Park
3:00 PM Kick-off

Dean Donaldson (5)
Derek Smith (25)
Derek Smith (63)
Stuart Walker (72)
Craig Yeats (82)
Kenny McKenzie (86)
Kenny McKenzie (90)

Team Managers
Unknown. Martin Bell

Starting Eleven
Unknown. Michael Rae
Gareth Smith
Glenn Main
Wayne Mackintosh
Willie Barron
Brian Macleod
Colin MacLeod
Gary Farquhar
Iain Brooks
Scott Kellacher
Marc MacDonald

None. Michael A Rae
Steve Sanderson
Neal Sinclair
Robbie Duncanson
Johnny Seaton

None. Michael A Rae for Michael Rae (28)
Johnny Seaton for Brian Macleod (49)
Robbie Duncanson for Glenn Main (59)

None. None.

Red Cards
None. None.

Match Officials

Match Report

Disaster for County as they crash to their heaviest defeat in a few years as Keith put seven past Nairn without reply at Kynoch Park. Caretaker Manager Martin Bell was without skipper Dave Macdonald through injury as Glenn Main deputised at sweeper.

Willie Barron was re-introduced afer missing Wednesday night's match as Garry Ewing missed out through injury. In the last of Bell's three changes, Ian Brooks came in for his first start of the month in fabour of Robbie Duncanson, meaning that youth team duo Wayne Mackintosh and Marc Macdonald retained their palces in the staring line-up.

The hosts opened the scoring only five minutes into the match. Nairn's Willie Barron played a loose pass out of defencing resulting in the Maroons' Dean Donaldson gaining possession. He skipped pass Barron with ease before drilling a low shot into Michael Rae's bottom left hand corner from the edge of the box.

Keith then added a second after 25 minutes through Derek Smith. A Donaldson cross in from the left was headed back across goal to the front post by Kenny McKenzie where Derek Smith was on hand to turn the ball into the net despite Nairn's claims of offside.

County were then dealt a blow when influential shotstopper Michael Rae had to come off injured to be replaced by Michael A. Rae.

His first task was to beat Keith's Derek Smith to a low though ball and after Rae gathered the pass Smith then went down in the msot theatrical of fashions in a bid to win a penalty but was booked for his ridiculous dive.

Willie Barron tried his luck for County with a low shot from the edge of the box after a good passing build-up by Nairn but his effort was held by Keith keeper Andrew Shearer.

Derek Smith grabbed his second of the day three minutes after the hour mark when he bullet headed a corner from the right into the net with the Nairn defence standing and watching.

County came close to clawing one back when Gary Farquhar's free kick from the was powerfully headed goalwards by Ian Brooks but Shearer did well to tip the effort over the bar on 65 minutes.

The home side made it four when Robbie Duncanson got caught in possession in the right back position as he had the ball stolen from him Stuart Walker who then advanced into the box before firing a shot across goal and into Rae's bottom left hand corner after 72 minutes.

The Maroons then passed up a golden opportunity to add another a minute later when Colin Macleod conceded a penalty. Highland League Select man Darren Still stepped up and hammered the ball past Rae's right hand upright.

Scott Kellacher then went close for Nairn as they kept plugging away as he screwed a low shot goalwards from the edge of the box before seeing the opportunity saved by Shearer.

Willie Barron then hammered a shot from the left edge of the box across goal only to see ex-Ross County man Shearer tip it past his left hand post on 78 minutes.

This obviously buoyed Nairn forward Barron has he went close again a minute later after making a thrusting run into the box before seeing his shot from 15 yards held by the keeper.

Youth midfielder Wayne Mackintosh tried his luck from the edge of the box but his shot was right down the throat of Shearer ten minutes from time.

The roof then caved in for County as they conceded another three goals as Keith went wild. The hosts socred their fifth of the day after 82 minutes when Smith's cross was knocked back across goal by Ally Reid for Craig Yeats to bundle home at the back post.

Kenny McKenzie then made it six when he headed home a corner from the right after 86 minutes before he completed his brace in the last minute by heading home a Walker cross from the left despite more than a hint of offside.

Truly a day to forget for Nairn as they lack leadership through the absence of David Macdonald and latterly Michael Rae. A defeat next week at Rothes would effectively end Nairn's season as they would no longer be able to win any silverware.

Squad Statistics (as at March 20th, 2004)

2003-04 All Time
Michael Rae (GK) - 23 - 51 -
Gareth Smith25 21 - 55 -
Glenn Main18 8 - 9 -
Brian Macleod22 252273
Willie Barron23 2145618
Colin MacLeod29 21 - 51 -
Wayne Mackintosh16 2 - 2 -
Gary Farquhar - 2266829
Scott Kellacher23 2175930
Marc MacDonald17 3 - 3 -
Iain Brooks25 2066423
Michael A Rae (sub) (GK) - 7 - 7 -
Robbie Duncanson (sub)19 173193
Johnny Seaton (sub) - 23 - 35 -

League Table (as at March 20th, 2004)

No league table has been added for this season.